The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Inspired by "The Problem with No Name"

Angelina Jolie is the Only Woman Who Has It All

I don’t know when exactly I gave up on love.
Was it at four with that forced grown up kiss,
When I felt that first fist,
Or in my heart when I first felt my eyes mist
And cry themselves dry
Til it seemed I would die…..
Cuz I hadn’t measured up?

You have to find success

Was it when I did a line to pass time
Waiting to break out and define
A piece of me that didn’t fit the puzzle
And muzzle
My mind?
At what point did I let go of love?

You have to find success

That shiny ring on my finger,
The suckle at my breast,
THE FUCKING LETTER I NOW WHERE PINNED TO MY CHEST
Because
I HAVE GOT TO BE A SUCCESS.
And settling for love…..
well,
that would be second best.

You have to find success

So when I read all the books
And I pay all the loans…
and I counter Nietzsche
And rest amongst prose,
When I drink a bottle of scotch,
Yet still leave alone,
Will I enter an apartment …….
But never a home?

Will I have found success?

I GAVE UP MY HEART AND MY LOVE AND MY SOUL
IN THE NAME OF THE WOMAN
AND MAKING ME WHOLE…….
(hole)
Independent and sexy
and smart and
……………
and
cold.
See I gave up on love
Cuz it was what I was told.

And that will always haunt my success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home