The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

How it really is..........sans sugarcoating and romanticism

Four hundred miles in twenty four hours,
to find you spread your seed like the common cold.
A roll of toilet paper dowry for my teardrops now.
Our favorite restaurant where the fish is great.
A heaping helping of reality now sits on my plate.
No Co-Co Ritas tonight.
Too shocked too fight.
The misgivings of romantic ideals, no Mrs. Right.
Today your words are cold as they inch through my veins,
the cool salty sting of your audible saline.
This offers no hydration to replenish my tears.
Closer together, farther apart, the due date nears.
"Sit back down." "Shut the door."
That's my heart helplessly laid out on the floor.
Hurts too bad, this open sore.
I cannot do this anymore.
I cannot love you anymore.

I guess I had tried to be a romantic about the situation of the past few years, but I have grown bored with that. I thought maybe it was time for this ol' girl to get posted. Just because that night, which seemed so trivial to the other player in the story, changed me forever. A million decisions and revisions stem from that night. It seems so distant, yet could be today for how our story has gone. But, it was time to put this up. I would explain it, and I will someday, but for now, I just don't want to feel like it doesn't exist to the rest of the world. I do not want to keep secrets and hide from our truth. I want to heal and move on.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home