The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Heart Beyonce

I remember where I was the first time I saw her. Yeah, so there was the Wyclef produced song with the four girls in the window of the house, but I had tuned it out. Then came "Bugaboo". She was shot walking down the street and I remember hearing her voice and looking at the television entranced. As a vocalist, i was spellbound. You could tell even on a rather weak song, that chick had pipes. I said to my boyfriend at the time that that chick was gonna be huge. Not the group, the girl. Yes, Beyonce. She can do no wrong in my eyes. She has an eloquence in every interview, an elegance to every frame shot, she writes, produces, acts. (ok, the acting isn't my favorite, but I LOVED "Carmen--a hip hopera") I bought her first solo album. Yep....Bought It. I will do the same this album as I am amazed at her new direction. And "Ring the alarm" is the finest song this year. The rawness of her vocals and the emotion of the song, damn she's become a force to be reckoned with. So, BUY IT. Support a female who is making one good track after another, can be sexy while writhing on a beach OR in a ballgown singing "Phantom" tracks for the Oscars. A woman who can make an album with or without the direction of prepackaged producers. And for everyone who wants to be Destiny's Child PC, yes, all the ladies were/are talented (way to claim the charts outta nowhere there Toya!), they are all beautiful, but B, you have the mojo. You can't practice that in the basement for 8 years under dad's supervision. it's somethin you just have. It better be number one people or i will have lost all faith in the remains of the pop charts. And please steer clear of Paris' album or I will vomit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home