The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is it me?

Logan, my adorable black panther(anyone who has seen his size or watched him "prowl" instead of walk can attest to it) has gone to stay with my Costa Rican Princess in preparation for my trip. While in Europe this summer, though he once did not mind alone time at all, he let me know he had been neglected for far too long by A.) snuggling up to my mother whenever she was here(he is usually not so sweet and cuddly of a kitty) and B.) by peeing on my fave chair. This had actually become quite a way to let me know when i had done anything wrong this past few months. didn't get the food out the second I walked in the door?--pee on chair. shut the bathroom door while showering? (and no, his litter isn't in there)----pee on chair. Dogs taking up too much attention?--pee on chair.
So, I lost my favorite chair's cushion a couple months ago, which hurt. It is an awesome chair. 1920's antique from my grandparents that I had redone in gorgeous fabric with all the zodiac signs on it. Funky and one-of-a-kind. Now cushionless and under plastic until we get past this phase.
I fully warned CRP of Logan's bad attitude of late. He has been biting also, and with panther fangs also, I thought she deserved a heads up. But, I have now been informed that he is just charming and soooo well behaved. Eating well, no biting, and most importantly, using a proper restroom. though I am glad that he is sparing my friendship with a good friend, I now feel like such a bad cat mom.....was it me? Did I cause this? I was hurt.........until........
Well, CRP has a kitty also. And CRP, her boyfriend, and her kitty, Luna, live in a studio downtown, so very close living quarters. Luna has not welcomed Logan. Lots of hiding, lots of hissing. CRP, in trying to make amends, dug sweet little Luna out from behind the couch to which, low and behold, what did her precious do? Peed on her. So, though I feel terrible and empathetic and offered to come and get Logan, I feel some relief that I am not the sole victim of cat urine warfare. Cat Urine: when you want to make your point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home