The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

What good is a ship ............



Well, I am off. I work a rather grueling day tomorrow and then it is time to head off into the mystic. Yep, it's Hong Kong time. I am as near to well as I can expect to get, so thanks for the calls and recommendations guys. I am actually pretty excited....and nervous. I have a habit of freaking out prior to trips every time I get ready to leave, and it is not some post 9/11 thing. I just feel I have to prepare for the worst. Even in booking my flight, I couldn't fly over the Artic Circle and had to reroute because the first thing that struck me is that if I were in a crash in the Arctic, I would have zero chance of survival. Somehow, in my mind, I am totally set if I plummet 35,000 feet into the Pacific. Yep, strong swimming me could handle that one, but the Arctic, freezing is expected. I know, horribly morbid, but i cannot help it. I have looked into Bird Flu, Malaria.....you name it. Maybe it is not totally morbid as I have a knack for contracting crazy illnesses and ending up in quite the pickle, but I always pull through some how. So now, I come prepared. totally normal.

But, I had to do a post as Jesi has made the perfect CD to travel to. It is a mix of every emotion I am feeling at present, the past five months, the past five years. It may be the most perfect musical combination of all time, that is, until Jesi makes her next. I don't know though, I am hoping to get an Ipod over there. I can't handle riding the subway and being looked at like I have a third eye because I am still rockin the Discman. Yeah, I have fallen behind. So, without further ado, here goes:

Danger- Erykah Badu
Waltz (Better than Fine)- Fiona Apple
What's the Altitude- Cut Chemist
The Trapeze Swinger- Iron & Wine
Roots of Creation- Sublime
She Looks to Me- Red Hot Chili Peppers
ABC- Jackson 5
Papercuts- Gym Class Heroes
The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1- Neutral Milk Hotel
Summertime Rolls- Jane's Addiction
Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)- Jay-Z
Start Choppin'- Dinosaur Jr.
Make You Feel That Way- Blackalicious
Champagne From A Paper Cup- Death Cab For Cutie
The World Is Yours- Nas
Natural One- Folk Implosion
E=MC2- J-Dilla
Everything Will Be Alright (Will's Lullaby)- Joshua Radin
Jesus Walks (live)- Kanye West
Atmosphere- Joy Division
Strangers On A Train- Loveage
Grow Old With Me- Postal Service
Wet Sand- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Incinerate- Sonic Youth
Cupid's Chokehold- Gym Class Heroes
'Til I Collapse- Eminem
When I'm Fine- Cody Chesnutt
Marvin Gaye- Felt
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea- Neutral Milk Hotel
2nd Period: Shoot Down The Stars- Gym Class Heroes
I Told You So- New Order
The Ten Crack Commandments- Notorious B.I.G.
Hide & Seek- Imogen Heap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home