The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Secret Life

I did it! Yes, I have found out that I actually have the ability to cook! It wasn't easy, and at times I felt like giving up(aka: the "out of pepper" breakdown. It wasn't a pretty sight.) But, mission accomplished. I was able to pull off the pinnacle of cooking, the holiday meal. I did learn that if brussel sprouts are damp, they become little torpedos rapidly firing hot grease in every direction. At that point, I did what every well prepared chef does. I threw a lid on them and ran away squealing. Knowing I had to return, I approached with caution and killed them with chicken stock. Bastards. But it was a fabulous meal. And, I have made three cakes to get rid of the supply of yogurt since I am out of fridge space. Let them eat cake........alot of it.

So, now I am trying to plan out the New Year. New job. New school. Cross country move. I have been spending alot of time at home just trying to take care of my dad and enjoy my parents because I am worried my mom will freak out if I try to bring her to NY. I haven't even been out in over a month. It feels odd. But, it has been cleansing also. I feel like maybe this was a break I needed. Now, I am trying to organize the house so packing will be easy this Spring. I am notorious for packing boxes of ridiculous crap and labeling it something vague and just moving it from spot to spot unopened. "Dejenerate's Homeless Tour 97 yo" is a personal favorite. It is like the Easter Bunny and Pete Doherty got together and decided what to pack up for storage. I think that unpacking should be the 13th step. Seeing my zanyness wrapped in bubble wrap is a delightful reminder of what can happen on drugs. It is entertaining to say the least.

I am excited for this year. It feels like a lifetime of "oops" is finaling passing and I am on the cusp of everything I have dreamed of. It is finally happening. Breathe.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger pinknest said…

    lol! i know what you mean about running away squealing from burning hot grease.

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Blogger Dejenerate said…

    Jesi--Better be nice, or I will start cutting you out of some of these great roles I come up with for you. Remember, the 5 was written specifically for you.

    pink--I will say, the stove has never seemed so covered with "stuff" in years! I did it, but I flunked on containment of batter/sauces, greases,etc!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Tanya Kristine said…

    Mm...brussel sprouts...they're fabby with tons o'mayo. well..everything is fabby with tons o'mayo...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home