The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am inlove.

I have been extremely blessed this last year when it comes to traveling. I thought Europe was amazing, but i found the small villages in the Alps to be a tad too quiet for me. And, with that said, it is no secret that NYC and I have shared a love affair for years. ( I love her, she kicks my ass.....I didn't say it was a healthy relationship.) but, Hong kong may perhaps be my favorite city of all time. It is somewhat of a mixture of New York, Miami, Jacksonville, and Toronto. It has the diversity, crowds, and overall bustling city vibe of NY(and the skyscrapers, wow. As a country girl who is guilty of many a NYC trip that involves neck pain from gazing at the buildings from the ground, this place is insane!) Very Miami in that the tropical vegetation and pastels of South Beach's Art Deco District are evident all around. Hong Kong has the ports and bridges of Jacksonville and the mountains of Toronto. All in all, it is a combo of the best of all the cities I love. The culture and food is amazing. I had baby octopus tonight that I had forgotten just how good it is when prepared properly and not just pickled. Yum! but I am inlove. It is by far my new favorite place in the world. I heart you, Hong Kong. Tomorrow, we venture onto the mainland for a trip to a monestary and a cable car ride over the mountains. As for tonight, more enjoying the ablility to buy beer and liquor in a 7/11 or Cirkle K (which are every 100 feet) and roam the streets and take cabs while drinking. Ah, public intoxication. yum.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger T. said…

    Sounds like you're having a blast!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home