The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A better way to look at it

So, I am still heartbroken about the camera, but when I got home I spoke to an ex who just happens to be a long time Buddhist. We were talking about the trip to see the giant Buddha on Lamtau Island, and all I could think of was how much I missed that camera. the mountains and the view had been so majestic, and i did work really hard to take photos and video feed that captured it. Well, leave it to Gaius. He told me that the common practice of all of the intricate art (think sand painting/sculpture) in the monestaries was usually destroyed shortly after completion by the true Buddhists as a lesson that on this earth, all hard work and beauty is not timeless. That which is created by us is lost. We are not the true creators. So, thus humility is learned. So, maybe as I became so attached to those pictures, I needed to learn a lesson. I like looking at it this way, as I got a little obsessed with designer purses and cars with a driver for a couple of days there, but in the end, I lost the one thing that was the most important souvenir of the whole trip. I got a little high maitenance chick, which surprised me I guess. Sometimes this whole voyage teaches shitty lessons, but in my head, every snapshot is still with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home