The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Friday, October 06, 2006

English my ass.........

Well kids, Kris went back to work yesterday, so I have been left to my own devices in this lovely city. I was supposed to have a car sent for me from a gentleman I met on the plane, but last night I had a party(Basically, with the size of the flats here, it is like living in the dorms in college. But it is hella fun, only...nowhere to put a keg. : ) So, last night, it was party in my room. 5 people partying in 10 ft of space. I might be pregnant just from sitting so close in the same area. We are stacked on one another like blocks.) and thus, all wasted, I said to Kris, "Is it a bad idea for me to get in a car sent from a stranger, go to a strange place, in a strange land, alone......while no one knows where I am going?" We decided, yes. Indeed it was a poorly thought out plan. So, we opted for the safer meeting for lunch tomorrow in Times Square. I have a better chance of not being sold into the sex trade with that one.

Anyhow, this has left me alone as I was saying, which I love. But I am a tad pissed. To everyone who said that of course they speak English blah blah blah........old English port blah blah blah........well, kiss my ass. English apparently went away with English rule in 97. Now, I am not an American who needs/expects everyone to speak English everywhere I go, but from the recommendations, I did not prepare properly for Cantonese, which has left me scrambling to learn words. I have spoken Spanish, French, and now, Arabic more than English while out. So thanks everyone who said, "Of course they speak English". Have fun with that one while over here. Thank God the subway posts in English too, or I really might be staying here......only lost here would be better phrased. ( And it ain't easy like with Spanish, or European languages to read it and do latin roots or such. It is symbols people. So no, you cannot contextually grab it.)

But, I still am loving every moment of it. What an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home