The Never Ending Median

What good is a ship afraid to sail from its own shore?

Friday, October 20, 2006

Oh you crazy Spurs.........

I am quick to point out some of the drawbacks in my line of work. There is vomit, cheap asses, asses in general, and hours that are none too forgiving. however, there are the perks too. My favorite time of year is coming up.........basketball season. One of the best parts of not lobbying for golf course time amongst my liquor reps, is awesome seats at the game. They know my weakness. So last night, after early birthday gifts of bottles of expensive liquor (YES!), it was time for preseason center court. (YES.....again.) But, thus comes my love/hate relationship with the Spurs.
Now mind you, I realize preseason games are an excellent time to rest your starters and see what those other crazy kids are up to. Who needs court time? Who needs to be traded? etc.....And lets face it, our boys are getting older and a bit more brittle. (I loved Ginobli 3 years ago, but Jesus. Apparently "hard playing" leaves you looking about the same as a good year ridin the white horse and living on the streets. If he has a short career due to the injuries, I plan to act as his manager and get him some roles on Law and Order as the old, wise junkie who has been runnin the mean streets for years. As for Duncan, I am the bitch. He straight up pisses me off every year. Plantar Fasciitis. I have it, he has it. It fuckin hurts too. But c'mon! I manage to work the bar full throttle everyday for a few hundred bucks a week. For a few million? I could get caught in a bear trap and I will gnaw the thing off. And I know you got the good doctors, Tim. Quit whining. Oh yeah, and tip better. Ooops! Did I say that? Go ahead guys......ask me about Tim and my lunch fiasco a few years back. I hold a grudge.)

Anyhow, I was still anxious for the game last night against the Bulls. Heard the Bulls actually had a decent team this year, so I was expecting a good game. Not a 32 point loss for the Spurs. now given, Chicago seemed to have that same deal with the devil that Terry and Dirk made last year in that they could be triple teamed and not even lined up for the shot and sink it, but they also were there just to play some basketball. Unlike the Spurs, who pulled their old "we replaced the team with Folgers Crystals" playing style. In high school, if we couldn't hit lay ups in a completely open lane, you were out. Passing to the other team? out. that simple. So, i have a new idea for the franchise. I noticed everyone leaving during the fourth quarter. Not a good money maker. (Which is soo lame people. If you go to the game, watch the game. I hate summertime soldiers and sunshine friends.)

So, for $100,000, I am willing to show up with five on the court. See? Cost efficient. And, I guarantee you all, we can lose the game by a huge spread, but, keep people watching. hell, if i play, just to see if i make it to the end without coronary! For $250,000, my team will be skins. i don't care. And no starter will need to risk injury, no newbie a career damaging mistake. just good "it ain't a real game" fun. call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home